Dec 3, 2008

CARAMEL APPLE

I first tried Caramel Apples when I went to a fair in school. It was the most delicious snack I've ever had. The one I had used green apples. Since then, I've been looking for the perfect Caramel Apples but till today I've yet to find one that taste as close as the one at the fair. Perhaps it is the Caramel or perhaps it is the combination of both the fresh apples and caramel. It was juicy, sweet and the caramel is not as gooey and does not really stick so much into your teeth.

I have this recipe that I've tried and the kids enjoy.

A Cup of Butter
2 Cups of brown sugar
A cup light corn syrup
A Can of Condensed Milk
2 Tsp Vanilla
Wooden Sticks
8-10 apples (red or green)

Insert wooden sticks into the apple.

In a saucepan, combine butter, brown sugar, corn syrup and milk.
Bring to boil over med high heat. Cook them about 3-=40 minutes or if you have a thermometer that reads 248 deg, its perfect.

Remove from heat and add Vanilla.

Dip the apples one by one into the hot caramel and coat it by turning round. Set the caramel apples on wax paper to cool down. Butter the paper with butter if you want to prevent it from sticking.

0 cheers: