Nov 16, 2008

CHAWAN MUSHI RECIPE

I think this receipe is something that many moms know how to make. Only slightly different in methods. This one is a favourite recipe and I got it on a receipe card when I bought the Maggi granule stock in a bottle. After trying it according to this recipe, I thought, hey that wasn't so bad. Exactly like the Japanese Chawan Mushi that I've tried in Japanese restaurant. Now I know that it is so easy to make.

You will need 4 medium eggs
Japanese Fish Cakes
Fresh Shitake Mushrooms
Shredded Chicken (this one i usually steam a large drum till just cooked and shred)

Stock - Mix together:
500mls of warm water
4tsp of Maggi Concentrated Chicken Stock
2 tsp of Mirin (you can get a bottle of these in supermarket in the Japanese section)

Method
Beat eggs and add the stock that has been mixed together. Blend it well.
Using a strainer, strain this mixture into the steaming bowl. Steam in medium to low heat for 8 minutes. If your egg has holes in them, it means you fire is too high.

Add the fish cake, chicken, mushrooms in and continue to steam for 5 more minutes and serve it hot. This is great for kids too. Mouth watering, melt in your mouth.