Nov 5, 2008

BASIC WHITE SAUCE FOR PASTA

Several times, some friends asked me what is the basic White Sauce that is used for creamy white sauce pasta. As each time I cook according to my taste buds, it is a little to pin point the exact recipe as I usually like to improvise. However I do have a simple and easy white sauce recipe that can be used as a basic white sauce and it is very simple to make.

This recipe was the first basic one before I learnt to improvise. It was actually taken from the back of a food label and I had it written down in my tattered book so I figured that i should post it online just in case I lose it.

Ingredients;

Half cup of butter
Half cup of flour
2 cups of Chicken Broth
Cooking Cream or Cream in Cans such as Nestle
Dash of nutmeg powder
Dash of pepper
Dash of mustard powder

Heat the butter but be careful not to let it burn. Stir in the flour and mix it well for about 2 or 3 minuts till it is cooked. Add the broth and stir it till mixed well and add the cream and the powder seasoning.

Stir it in low fire until the mixture is thickened. This is the basic sauce that you can use for your pasta. For instance, fry your onions, mushrooms and veg till cooked and add in this sauce to have a cream style gravy.

1 cheers:

Anonymous said...

Getting a topaz ring as links london jewellery jewelry gifts from better-half is no lower than an awesome joy. discount links of london bracelets Many ladies do admire such jewelry sparkling through charms links of london their fingers. If you may get to own one as gift, links of london silver watches you will definitely appreciate such beauty and elegance for high class cheap links of london necklaces type of jewelry. Those who know what the actual worth of gemstones will links london pendants certainly love to have one added into their collection.