May 20, 2008

LIP BALM - MAKE YOUR OWN

I was so happy when I received a little tip online about making lip balm. I have been buying lots and lots of lip balms and some are really expensive. I think making lip balm will be an interesting thing so I'd like to share the recipe here in case I lost it one day.

You will need:
2 teaspoon of Beeswax (you can get Beeswax Pearls)
7 drops of Jojoba Oil/Sweet almond oil
1 tsp of Honey
5 drops of your favourite essential oil (tea tree oil, rosemary, camphor oil are some example)
A tube or container for storage

Firstly, you will need to mel the jojoba oil together with the beeswax. You can use a double boiler. Make sure the beeswax is all melted and mixed evenly with the jojoba oil.
Remove this melted liquid and add the honey. Using a whisk, whisk them together.
Leave the whisked mixture to cool, before totally cool, you can drop the essential oil and mix the mixture well.

You can store it in a tube or container of your choice.

The thicker the Beeswax, the thicker the consistency of your lip balm. Try to play around the Beeswax and Sweet Almond Oil to understand the texture.

0 cheers: