May 13, 2008

KEEPING A CHILD SAFE WHEN DRIVING

As a parent, I do all I can to keep my children safe and sound in many ways than one. A normal day goes by with me driving my young child to nursery and my elders to school, music, drama classes back and forth.

Recently in the papers, a child sitting in a school bus had been flung out and died on the way to the hospital. Saftey harness is an important fixture than many who drives kids had overlooked. A child does not have the instant reaction to hold on to something should a car or any vehicle were to brake without notice. I have a car seat in the family car and I make sure my youngest daughter is properly seated and buckled up whenever we are on the move. The kids have both graduated from the infant car seat to the child's car seat that can seat a child up to about 8 years of age. I am now looking for a second car seat as the current one is in the family car. I will need to get a second one for my car in which I use most often when driving the girls to classes. That will save a lot of trouble moving the car seat from one car to another. You may want to read about some safety tips and buying guide with regards to buying a car seat for your lovely young child.

2 cheers:

jepunlauee said...

Ya,in Japan too it is a must too,for children to be seated in a child seat until they are about 6 or 7 years old...
But once they enter primary school,they dun't have to sit there anymore as their size can be fitted in our car seat belt..

Hazel said...

car seat is good for children but after that, a bit worse because it is useless