May 8, 2008

GROW YOUR OWN TOMATO

I have just learnt that tomatoes are not that difficult to grow.. To grow tomato plant, you need three important things. Sun, Water and room for it to grow. Tomato plants are very leafy and grows not that many tomatoes. An easy tomato to grow would be the Cherry Tomato. You can grow them in your balcony if it gets alot of sunlight. Tomatoes need as much sun as possible and loves to have warm soil.

I have my tomato plant grown from the seeds. I have not tried growing them from drying of the fruit but that will be my next mission. I also crush some egg shells on to the soil prior to watering them to give them enough calcuim. I also read that if you add some club soda on your plants, it helps to add hydrogen into the soil and gives the plants a nutritous look.

2 cheers:

jepunlauee said...

hey,I also try to plants tomatoes,brinjals eda mame for this summer..but the tomatoes,I planted ones are the big size type..

Caramel Corn said...

jle - i love those big tomatoes, actually.. sliced them, put on sandwich with just a little mayonaise and salt pepper. but i think the bigger tomatoes not easy to grow from a pot, otherwise i prefer that... cooking also nice.