Apr 23, 2008

MAKE YOUR OWN PEANUT BUTTER, IT'S SO SIMPLE!

Kids love peanut butter. How about making one at home that is free from preservatives? Even a kid can do it, because it is super easy.

You will need 1 and half cup of roasted peanuts, unsalted and 1 tbsp of peanut oil

Mix the peanut oil with the roasted peanuts till all are coated with the oil. In a food processor, blend these two until they are all blended smooth. Voila! You can scoop it out and store in and can be kept in the fridge for up to two weeks. If you would like your peaunut butter to be the crunchy sort, you just need to add about 2 tbsps of roasted peanuts after the above method and blend it shortly.

My girls love to have this for breakfast in the morning. Sometimes I let them drizzle a teaspoon of honey on it too.



4 cheers:

Hazel said...

wow, making peanut jam urself so smart..

pau said...

I always wanted to make peanut butter that has low calories, but I'm afraid the taste won't be the same...I'm a PB lover, btw =)

Pinay Jade said...

Wow Thanks I been long thinking of making peanut butter. Thanks for sharing this. I will try this out.

Heart of Rachel said...

Thank you for visiting my blog. I appreciate it.

My son loves peanut butter. He can eat it with bread, crackers, banana or just as is. :)

Thanks for sharing this recipe.