Apr 7, 2008

FISH BALL NOODLES -SIMPLE METHOD FOR HOME

I've been feeling a little under the weather lately. Having a flu cna certainly dampen your appetite. All I need is actually something hot and something soupy. Although it is easier to just get some takeaways, nothing is better than a homemade meal to nurse your terrible cold. When I was very little, my parents love to feed me with fish balls or meals that consists of that. Perhaps it is the easiest or convenient food for a kid. Mum would cook a soupy noodle soup when I was ill so having something like that certainly brightens up my day and reminds me of mother's love. Here is a recipe of fish ball noodles which I have altered to suit my liking, over the years.

10 freshly made fish balls
300ml fresh chicken stock
a small shallot crushed
2 cloves garlic, crushed
2 cooked chicken thighs ( i usually steam these)
Some fried crispy shallots
salt and pepper to taste
350g yellow noodles/flat rice noodles/rice vermicelli (according to your preferance)

In a pot, place the chicken stock together with the chicken thighs, garlic, crushed shallots and boil them together. Shred the chicken and set aside.

In another pot, boil fish boils in water(sometimes i add bruised ginger) for 10 minutes. Blanch the noodles in the hot boiling water and drain it off. Place the noodles on your serving bowl, with the fish balls. Scoop the stock onto the bowl and top it with your shredded chicken and garnish with fried shallots. Add the salt and pepper to taste.

0 cheers: