Mar 8, 2008

PLANTS FOR HOME


I walked past a shop selling plants yesterday. I wanted to add some green plants near the entrance of my house. Preferably green plants that are weather hardy. The front part of my home is very windy. My orchids thrive very well and I see them growing flower buds at least once a month. The pandan leaves are also growing and there are many new baby ones that are sprouting near to the roots. I am thinking of dropping by the nursery to get some soil to plant the baby ones in them. I also grow some chives ( spring onions ) in pots because I use them a lot in my soups and dishes. But these plants that I have currently are mainly low plants, and I want to get some nice tall ones instead. I love the bamboo plants but I was adviced by a friend that they are not easy to care for... and I love those tall palm tree plants but I am not sure how tall they might grow.

Perhaps I should source online for plants.. I like those what are neat and easy to maintain and have a minimalist effect..

2 cheers:

jepunlauee said...

I too love house plants..I have many in my garden and I am also crazy about putting plants inside the house ,so I have several house plants in my living rooms,mainly ferns and other green leafly plants...

Gypsy said...

I am plant lover too. I am planting a lot different kinds of plants, mainly herbs, and editable type. My cherry tomato planted in pot harvested 40 tomatos.