Nov 16, 2007

GROWING PAINS

Children over five often encounter leg aches due to their rapid growth.

My girl, when she was 6 (she is of petite growth) complained of it and I brought her to see the GP. He prescribed a massage cream and said this is common for children of this age. I brought this up to the Traditional Chinese Physician and he too recommended massages. I found this method in my aromatherapy healing book that works wonders.

Give his or her leg a warm soak in the tub or ask her to sit on a chair with her leg submerged in a pail of warm soothing water. After about 5 minutes, dry it. Do a brisk massage on the leg with few drops of Rosemary essential oil. It can be used in combination with Lavender and Lemongrass for overworked muscles. Other essential oil that works well too are, Eucalyptus, Tea Tree, Juniper and Birch.

0 cheers: